Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Strategy for orc vs rifleman, Tirisfall Glades

I need a little help with orc vs riflemen and suggestions for creeping on Tirisfal Glades. First, let me describe my general strategy.

I have just started playing the game again in the last few weeks and I use orc only right now. I start with the TC and creep as fast as possible while slowly building up a force of about 8 grunts, 4 raiders. 2-4 demolishers 1 kodo and the SH. I dont let my opponenet expandand force the fight when possible. If I find them, I am usually able to out micro my opponent, forcing them to TP. Then I pin them in and demolisher push until they exit.

I find this gradual build up of troops/tech never leaves me as week as I would be if I had choose to expand/quick tech. The only times I am week is if I end up loosing my force, which usually doesnt happen unless I am on a map where I have no clue or up against a strategy that boggles me. Unfortunatley that is the case here.

When encountered by AM/riflemen/priests my typical force doesnt work. My grunts get caught up on the water elementals while my opponent focus fires and heals. My raiders/kodo are useless as their AM and casters are in the back of their force. Focus firing their riflement with grunts just wouldnt be effective. This is compounded greatly if they have sorc slow and MK thunderclap.

I need to switch units here but Im not seeing what orc has to offer for this situation. Shaman has purge which may help a little with the elementals, but we all know they would just be resummoned. Sentry is useless here. Spirit link would help but to little avail if I have no way to out the casters/archers. What do I do with orc in this matchup?

Here is the match:

http://unbreakable.server287.com/LooseHumanRifleman.w3g

Here is a similar match I was lost on. AM and alchemist using footmen.

http://unbreakable.server287.com/LooseHumanFootman.w3g

Here is a Tirisfall Glades match. The creeps arent condusive to the TC. I have found any hero capable of power creeping (FS, AM) seems to have the advantage here. What is a good orc approac for this map?

http://unbreakable.server287.com/LooseOrcMap.w3g



Thanks for any help you can offer!!!|||Shamans - Purge and Lightning Shield.|||TC/SH..? lol|||Quote:








Shamans - Purge and Lightning Shield.




Hmm... lightning shield vs dispel magic? :S|||If it makes them get priests, it stops them getting sorcs..|||I'd recommend using either Far Seer or Blademaster as first hero. The TC is very vunerable early due to inferior movement speed and mana pool. He is an excellent choice for 2nd hero though. Raider's ensnare is an excellent tool for killing riflemen.|||I'm not much of an orc player, but perhaps you can get speed scroll (especially if they get sorcs), and walkers for the dispell (vs. Water elementals) and spirit link to keep ff'd grunts alive longer.|||Straight out, its hard to beat human with orc. That is just the way it is. However I'll share to you somethings I have a hard time beating with orc.

You might want to have something constantly going on to bother the human player. Some type of harassment. Maybe it be the farseer's wolves, Sh's wards planted all over the base in his peasent line, a demo or two snuck in there, to take care of some buildings or something. Maybe if you can get liquid fire for bats and harass his hall, in which case he cant repair it. Another thing you could do is buy a few of the goblin things that run around and blow **** up from a labarotory. I forget what they are called, and I dont remembre tristfall all that well, seeing as how I downed that map, because I loose on it.

Try and keep the human busy, and constantly count to see what he has. If he has the rifle am priest, you might want to get a shamen or two, for the elementals, possibly a walker or two for spirit link and to dispel slow, also it would help if you had at least one doc, so you could use statis trap and stun them. Tauren is a possiblity if he doesn't have to many sorcs. I would also get maybe 3 kodos or so, instead of one. They are a good range unit, provide an arua, and incase the human gets a few knights, you can just devour them. Ensnare unit that you know for sure you can kill. Don't waste it on pointless crap. Because the cooldown isnt worth if, if you don't have that many raiders.|||Panda second against mass casters!!!

http://www.proplay.ru/vods/27/ (First Person VOD)

The commentary is in Russian, but other than that you can see how its done. :)

But seriously, why the Panda is better than TC: It has a damaging AoE spell that costs 75 mana, while for the TC it costs 100 mana.

How the Panda is worse than the TC: The TC has an aura that doesn't do sh*t, therefore the Panda is better than the Tauren!|||Panda is a super TC. Who can't see why Panda works...?|||Look at the edit ^_^.|||Ok?

Panda has an AOE storm bolt, TC doesn't. The reason people go TC I guess is because they're too lazy for the tavern.

Like me for example + I hate panda because everyone thinks its cool to use him when he's a broken piece of trash.|||A broken piece of trash that owns, that is.|||I said broken, as in imbalanced. Piece of trash is to show how much I hate it.

You WC3.netters haven't really developed much, have you? -_-;;|||TC has aura. Panda doesn't. That's why orc's go him over Panda. His aura just pwns. I agree though that Haze/BoF > Wave. =O

In OvH, it used to be mass gunt, with shamy and walker, with speedscrolls and mass chainwave. Mb some demos. Recently though it changed. Now, orcs go beast and lodge and grunt/raider/shamy/walker or sometimes even grunt/windie/shamy. =O Weird stuff oO I saw elsha go bm/sh raxless tech with dual beast windies, vs. some human. It was so pwn ^_^ but that was a while back =O|||Mass wyv tech vs fast expo hu = win, because they can't fight the wyvs due to late smith and stuff, especially if you have level 2 wolf.

Nothing has changed. I always went grunt/raider/demo vs human. People just find out that some pro uses raiders instead of normal combos, and more people copy it. It's really not much different to use grunt/raider/walker/shaman/demo/whatever. It's almost all identical results IMO.|||Yeah panda is sickening. I hate when UD go DK/Panda with mass destroyers cuz Panda really beats the **** outta my copters for 70 mana -_- I've been using hi in Human mirror the last few months though, he owns ^_^|||I really want to start using Panda more often. What items that can be bought at merchant are best for Panda? The couple times I've used him, I always got him boots b/c he is a bit slow =O|||he doesnt need any items, maybe a manapot for extra haze/bof ownage|||For Panda, get 4 Crown of Kings and 2 Sobi Masks. Then he won't be so weak.|||k thx

message length.

No comments:

Post a Comment