Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dryad Usage - Abolish Magic use/ Poison/VS Archers

[:1]Ive been playing a lot of RT 3x3s.



Mostly Orc but some NE. I like POTM/Archers to Dryads.

Now I want to maximize my use of Dryads - heres a few thought questions, with probably no right or wrong answer, but probably a better and worse way:

1) When dryads pop out, are moonwells set to auto, because then they get sucked up to fill Dryads mana - and Wells only have a single "water" source for both health and mana, so it might not be best to waste the "Water" on dryads mana. Yes or No? Of course if theres a fountain of mana on the map, use that.



2) Abolish magic on auto or not? Typically in battle I am microing my hero (Well at least with Orc when i go BM or SH, but now with NE and POTM, I typically just set POTM and archers in a single control group and focus fire, so very little microing of POTM). I may forget to abolish magic or I may not even notice that a negative/positive buff was cast. I can definitely SEE summoned units, and I imagine that one or 2 dryads and cast AM multiple times and destroy any summonable in the game - 300 damage per 50 mana, 200 mana per dryad, is 1200 damage to summonable per dryad.

Seems like a tide turner for Water Elementals, Fire Lord guys, Far Seer Wolves and probably much much less useful on Creep Lord Bugs/Necro Skeletons, since they are too numerous. Of course I never used dryads in this way, but I imagine it might turn the course of a battle.

So if you dont set it on autocast, do you then just reserve it for summoned units, or do you also use it on your own units that might be fairy fired, polymorphed, slowed, etc. Polymorph is a biggie (200 mana cost to sorc I think), so 50 mana from dryad to remove it is definitely "Worth" it, but to "pay" 50 mana to dispell a cheap 40 mana spell like bloodlust might not be worth it. Do you consider these economic costs when using the spell? i.e. how much dispelling it costs versus the opponent to cast that spell.

I wonder if it works on Entangle or Web or Ensnare?

3) Poison - If you focus fire, then you miss out on giving everyone poison. One idea I read is to focus fire until one enemy is dead, and then attack - ground in middle of enemies so the dryads attack different enemies, and then immediately refocus fire - theory is that the duration of the poision will be as long as it took to kill the single enemy with focus fire, so all enemies waiting to be killed will be poisoned constantly.

I typically mass many many archers first before I get dryads, and continually while making dyads (for 3x3 games). So Another thought I have had (but not tried) is to put POTM and 10 archers, and 1 dryad in control group 1. And All my dryads (6 to 10) in Control group 2.

Both control groups stay behind your teams melee. But you use group one to focus fire and group 2 to ground-fire so it poisons everyone. If you are close to killing a hero, you can switch focus from control group 2 onto that hero for massive hero damage.

This seems best in theory but I have to try it.|||Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Buffs and Effects are two different things - the abolish magic ability affects BUFFS(and summonables of course), but NOT effects such as entangle/web/etc.

But autocasting is definitely an interesting problem - perhaps leaving autocast off for summonable-attacking is more suited to people at don't have enough stimulation playing a normal game of WIII as the Night Elves?|||I'm pretty sure abolish magic does work on entangle and stuff. Leaving Abolish magic on autocast does not make them automatically destroy summons by the way. Actually abolish magic is worth it even for spells like blood lust because you wont be using Dryads mana on anything else and your'e always going to haev more then you need. plus bloodlust is a very powerful spell.

in order i think abolish magic should be used against:

1 summons

2 offensive casters (lightning shield)

3 defensive spell (bloodlust, H wards, S wards)

4 mass summons (skeles)

It WONT work on net and web cause those aren't magic spells.

as for your micro, thats fine. Eventually i stop making archers all together and make only dryads. you can tab through your hero and your dryads and if you have ctrl group 1 full just go to control 2 group with a kotg or SH.

Myself, i dont control my heroes with my units because i just use F1 and F2 for hero and 1 and 2 for my units. Last of all, add a few dotts in there. 2 or 3 dotts can faerie fire an entire army which is extremely useful. Great AA too in case you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment