Wednesday, April 18, 2012

NE mirror and NE vs. Human

First topic: I know there are two general ways to go about NE mirror. One is the typical bear/dryad with DH/Naga-PoTm, and the other is to mass tier 1 units, with PotM and DH. However, lately I've been using mass archers + mgs (2 or three is usually enough for the mgs) with DH first and PotM second. InfernalPeon and I briefly talked about simply mass archers, but I think this works better, especially if push during tier 2, before they can get bears. The main counter to this is massing bears, but you can make a huge dent in their economy/army before they can get any. This is a suggestion for a different way to do NE mirror - most of my NE mirrors look this way, and I'll have a replay of the latest one in the rep forum soon.

Second topic: I usually have a lot of problems vs. humans. Between casters, breakers and mortars, I'm usually screwed with regular bear/dryad. I've been trying to go more with adding mg's instead of bears, or to compliment bears, but then I don't really have a whole lot of damage. Any suggestions here?|||1. Better micro + Decision Making

2. Better micro + Decision Making|||1) I don't (or rather didn't) mass pure archers either, I just continually got them all game from 1 AoW, with attack upgrades. I remember some funny stuff, like beating warden and ~12 hunts with potm naga and ~8 archers.. good times :sigh: umm anyway, you'll want to add mgs, bears, dryads or dotts depending on the situation. :O

2) There are so many possibilities.. Can you give any more exact infos on what causes you trouble? :/ A few ideas: a few faeries vs foot/knight caster, an mg vs rifle caster, solo panda, bla bla.. Oh and get boots of speed on your dh/naga to catch his am faster. But yeah. We kinda need more infos. :p|||1) I once scouted and saw that my enemy was getting archers. As a result, I went straight to mountain giants, skipping everything else, and rushed with a KotG. It was the most fantastic thing ever. I think he was working toward bear/dryad.

2) I think warden is great for any NE army against HU. most of the units you mentioned struggling with don't have very high hit points, and a good blink+FoK+FoK will work heavily in your favor. you'll naturally have to load her up w/ potions against MK, i'd recommend an invul pot/AMS pot and a couple health pots and maybe a mana pot.|||Too bad the Warden gets owned by stun. I personally started choosing Dark Ranger as first hero as she is extremely nice with the skellies and helps stop a human tower rush on close-spawn Turtle Rock.



FBA Edit:Sorry for accidental double-post.

IPod Edit: <3|||Lawl, if you're getting Warden for FoK, get Panda instead. ~~|||Unless you're on a non-tavern map. Which has happened to me.|||Is there any non-tavern map except LT?|||No.

Message Length.|||Well LT sucks anyway for NE vs HU, unless you're massing expos, which completly changes the playstyle.|||My advice still stands. Bear/dryad takes minimal micro. You just need good decision making. Get used to it.|||I think you should go bear/dyrad and make good decisions. Requires minimal micro.

*Gets smacked by FFL*

:>|||Scorched Basin doesn't have a tavern.

http://www.battle.net/war3/images/la...rchedbasin.jpg|||Quote:








Scorched Basin doesn't have a tavern.

http://www.battle.net/war3/images/la...rchedbasin.jpg




along with many more, no im not going to link them. Also its hard to start with Dark Ranger on those levels where the tavern is guarded by creeps|||We were generally talking about ladder maps.

And you *could* wait for nightfall for creeps to fall asleep, if you wanna get those tavern heroes. I'm not familiar with those maps though.|||Bleaurgh, Scorched Basin is a 3on3 map...

Taverns are never guarded by creeps on Ladder maps.|||Quote:








Bleaurgh, Scorched Basin is a 3on3 map...

Taverns are never guarded by creeps on Ladder maps.




Even if they were I'm not sure how this would work now. If you buy a merc from a merc camp while the creep are sleeping, it wakes them up. This stopped a good deal of my NE quick tech abuse|||There are still some ways to abuse merc camps now. I remember seeing it done by luring with wisps or something.

I really don't know though :)|||That was 1.20c, it's been fixed now sadly.|||Good. Screw the elves.|||It worked just as well with other races, only they were too lazy to do it. Yay let's all complain about elf imbalance instead.|||Wow.

Meet the Wisp, 60 gold and 270 speed. Easiest to lure creeps and survive due to speed, and even if it died, its 60 gold so who cares. What's a 190-220 speed acolyte/peon/peasant gonna do? Hint: It'll die.

EDIT: Added the "hint".|||Dude, nice thinking "outside the box". Orcs abused it too so ****. Just get FS and use on the of the wolves to lure the creeps out and the other one to hire and they don't cost anything but mana. -_-

IPod Edit: I love how st.fu is censored. :>|||It requires a hero/summons, as opposed to a simple little worker.|||Unlike summons, workers cost money. Especially if the heroe's mana is easily restored by a clarity potion found it the race's shop.|||But it's much easier to use a worker while your hero go creeps or harasses.

And btw, your opinion might be valid if you didn't lose to me when I hid my tree and I didn't even attack you, ever. ;(|||Too right, you don't. You'll lose anyway.

I did it with all races and it worked fine. You, on the other hand "really don't know though :)", so kthxbbai.

Edit: This was @ the post 2 posts higher up. And the FS and a grunt can easily creep on TS while the wolves get mercs. Same goes for DK and skellies while ghouls get them, AM and WEs while militia get them. So yeah.

Edit Edit: And FBA losing to you has nothing whatsoever to do with this.|||1. You attacked me with AoW.

2. As i said i was creeping and was later disconnected, anyhow why does it matter? For me it doesn't matter win or lose it matters to me if i actually improve during the game. -_-|||lol, hey FBA. Did you know that clarities cost more than a wisp? HEHEEH.

BTW IP, I was pointing out what I heard since I never got to see this abuse since I took a break+don't watch pro reps.

IP it's funny that you think you actually have a shred of skill because you whore reps, you're the GSF moderator and you AT all the time. You're still just that 49 APM no micro newbie that copies fads and strategies from people worth something.

FBA losing to me has a lot to do with this. It shows he should shut his mouth because his opinion isn't worth a damn|||Exactly, you never got to see it. So stop arguing with ppl who did.

You don't need clarities to fill up the mana from summoning wolves.

FBA losing has nth to do with it, as this is theoratcal and not the question whether or not he could do it.

And it's funny how you dislike ppl as soon as they're right and you're wrong, and start insulting ppl when you don't know an ontopic answer. However funny it may be, you should start getting your head around the fact that even if you don't like me, I'm an active mod and if you continue as you are at the moment, your stuff will get edited/deleted etc and you'll get banned again with time.

Oh yeah, and I have ~100 apm by now, which is enough for non-pro play, so yeah. And I beat Asdioh back then with my 49 apm too.

Calm down. You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment