Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Orc Build Order

Hello,

I am pretty new to Warcraft3 and the expansion TFT. My favorite race to play is the Orc race. I recently started playing online and have noticed I don't do so well. I believe my biggest problem is in the VERY early game. I can't seem to get a decent base along with an army nearly as fast as my opponent. So Here is what I usually do.

Step 1. Send 4 peons to harvest gold.

Step 2. Send 5th peon to build an Alter.

Step 3. Start creating 3 peons at town center.

Step 4. Send 1 peon on wood.

Step 5. Send next Peon to make Burrow.

Step 6. Send next Peon on wood. Start 2 more at town center.

Step 7. Send Peon that finished alter to make a barraks.

Step 8. Send peon that finished burrow to make another one.

Step 9. Send newly created peon on gold, and the other on wood.

I start my Hero as soon as alter is done, and start grunts as soon as barraks is done and start creeping. after i have a decent army I will start upgrading Town Center. I usually do fine until I run into the opponents army and just get out muscled. This is the case vs just about any race. Any suggestions on how I could tweak that build order to make it more efficent?|||Barrack earlier than burrow.

Lol ip is a mod. h4h4.|||First peon out builds burrow and shiftclick to lumber. The rest(7 in total) go to lumber.|||Quote:




I start my Hero as soon as alter is done, and start grunts as soon as barraks is done and start creeping. after i have a decent army I will start upgrading Town Center. I usually do fine until I run into the opponents army and just get out muscled. This is the case vs just about any race. Any suggestions on how I could tweak that build order to make it more efficent?




I don't know what your idea of a decent army is, but I have the feeling you tech too late. Normally, you want to tech after something like 3 grunts (I don't know exactly, I'm no Orc; but it's certainly less than 6 or sth). And in mirror, ie vs other Orcs, you want to fasttech without rax, and then get headis instead of grunts on your way to t2.


Quote:




Lol ip is a mod. h4h4.




You're quick. :o)|||You tech after second grunt, at 23 food if you did everything correct until that point.|||Oki, 2 then. At any rate, it's a lot faster than most new people think.|||Thanks for the help/ideas.

Just as a confirmation, you would suggest teching after 3 grunts and a hero?

Also what about a mix of say 2 grunts/2 Headhunters and a Blademaster? would it make that much of a diffrence or would it just cripple me?|||As I mentioned in my previous post, you should tech after 2 grunts. Getting headhunters would mean that you need to build a warmill first, and this would cripple your teching time by a lot.|||and apart from mirror, you really dont need hhs normally..|||mass hh > all :P

No comments:

Post a Comment