Saturday, April 14, 2012

Unable to group units .. why?

[:1]Excuse me, very basic question, its been a few years since I've played, and I am stuck:

I am playing WOW 3 on a mac. Unfortunately I an unable to GROUP units. Pressing Command 1 or Command 2 to create a new group just doesn't work any more, nothing happens. (Command is the mac equivalent of the control key). I have also tried the mac control, alt and shift keys, these don't work either. I was wondering if anyone with any direct experience playing on a mac could help, or maybe its something basic?

There also seems to be no way to create groups in the standard interface, no obvious icon - its getting extremely frustrating because without this option I have no way of organising or controlling my units. Am I missing something obvious? Is this only a facility you get later in the game? I am working through the standard levels|||Im not sure, but it isnt a facility you get later in the game, it should be available as soon as you start. Are you playing ROC or FT?|||Quote:






View Post

I am playing WOW 3 on a mac. Unfortunately I an unable to GROUP units. Pressing Command 1 or Command 2 to create a new group just doesn't work any more, nothing happens.




Buddy, first: there is no WoW (World of Warcraft) 3. This forum is about the strategy game Warcraft III, not the MMORPG World of Warcraft, created four years after WCIII.

Second: I play on PC, but if your groups don't work, and they did (creating groups by pressing Ctrl+n, where n is a number from 1 to 9, with a bunch of units selected and then recalling that group by pressing n), try checking your keyboard preferences (whatever that is called on Macs) for any active exotic layouts, and/or Accessibility options which may mess up the Ctrl key behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment