Thursday, April 12, 2012

How to Defeat Tower Strategy

[:1]Hello all,

I started playing Warcraft III several months ago and I love it. My roomamtes and I play a three way game against each other every night. I am starting to get really irked by one player's strategy however, and I need some advice to overcome it. That said, we both play humans, and the third player is Orc.

The human opponent has a tower and griffon strategy. He builds a LOT of towers around his gold mines and bases, then hides behind the towers with about seven or eight griffons and his hero. He waits for the gold to run out and then began a protracted campaign against us.

It annoys the heck out of me. My questions is this: what can I do? I suppose going in with siege engines is the best thing. However, I always seem to get stopped by the griffons who attack me relentlessly while I am trying to get past the two dozen towers he has placed around his mines.

What would you do?

Thanks for any advice!|||I dont really know a counter to that, but what i usually do is just expand my base farther so they start building towers farther from the important parts of my base, you could also just build cannon towers , which would kill the builders before they build them, or if not, just destroy the enemy towers|||I would countertower, meaning protect your base and exp with lots of towers and then either go dragonhawks(which **** griffons easily in open air) or rifles casters morts. If he has a ton of towers, you should have a lot more rifles then his gryphs can handle, and use those rifles to protect your mortars while they pummel his towers.|||Quote:






View Post

I dont really know a counter to that, but what i usually do is just expand my base farther so they start building towers farther from the important parts of my base, you could also just build cannon towers , which would kill the builders before they build them, or if not, just destroy the enemy towers




i guess u didnt read his post huh?|||Well why don't you utilize Barrage, cloud and shackle all in one package :). Cloud towers, Gryphons get close, Siege engine Barrage. They chase you, Shackle+Barrage|||I'm pretty new to Wc3 but to me it seems like the best thing to do would be to get an unit with longer attack range than the towers and attack them from far, one by one. Then he'll be forced to attack you back to not lose his towers and then you have a small force of units specified to be the best aginst griffons.

That's what I would do but I'm new and there's surely some better way to tackle it :)|||Quote:






View Post

I'm pretty new to Wc3 but to me it seems like the best thing to do would be to get an unit with longer attack range than the towers and attack them from far, one by one. Then he'll be forced to attack you back to not lose his towers and then you have a small force of units specified to be the best aginst griffons.

That's what I would do but I'm new and there's surely some better way to tackle it :)




siege engine is perfect for the job, it has great aa and can destroy towers, but its range is really small, but that's ok, siege engines are made to take punishment|||Without any doubt, the best way around gryph + towers is to mass hawks and get the cloud upg. Hawks owns gryphs and cloud owns towers.|||Mortars and dragonhawks. hit towers with mortars, when gryphons come shackle them.

Also, if it is a solo, build lots of units and get all the expansions for you. If not (FFA), at least guarantee the towering guy does not expand. Sincerely, this should be easy, because towers take out money, so your enemy probably wont have too much units. With proper scout you can make it very easily. Be sure to level up your heroes on the process, if you manage to get a Tinker (exclusively because of the towering guy), even better, his goblins are real pwnsauce. He won't tower up his expansions if he doesn't expand, right? ;)

After his gold runs out, just wait on the base entrance, attacking with the mortars. If gryphons come, shackle them and kill. When gryphons are dead, Cloud up the towers and keep attacking them. Use Flare for scouting, if possible make the clockwerk goblins attack the towers, their explosion damage to them is no joke.

These kinds of turtles are easy to win against... but in FFA it gets worst... you know, you are going vs him AND the other guy, who will probably attack you because the other one is more difficult to hit and you are there waiting for a battle.

1 comment: